Saturday, October 8, 2011

{Baskets, Boxes, & Monkeys}

We have been in Chicago a little over a month now, and for the past month, I've been storing Cora's toys and stuffed animals in a laundry basket. Each time I'd walk into her room and see the basket, I was reminded of how much I didn't love that storage option. I decided to use a leftover box, some cute paper, ribbon, and mod podge to create an easy and inexpensive solution.

I simply covered the box with some fun paper..using different patterns/colors for the different sides, and then tied ribbon and string around the box. I created a bow by cutting into the green ribbon and directing that up, while directing the string knot down. Take a look...

Before:



After:


How am I planning to incorporate monkeys into this post? After searching and searching for the perfect rocking chair, McKay and I finally found one we both loved..a nice blend of comfort and style. The chair alone seems a bit mature for a child's room, so our solution was to add a funky pillow and Cora's sock monkey! Check it out:



It's smart and fabuless to incorporate items you already have with new additions to your living space. Mixing colors and textures will help you keep a great balance between adult and kid friendly! Try it out and let us know how it goes!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment