Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{Apple Dumplings Darling}

With fall comes some of my most favorite things..leaves changing colors, football games, and delicious treats and snacks to eat while watching football games! One of the absolute best is a recipe passed on to me by my mother-in-law. What do you get when you combine Mountain Dew with apples and crescent rolls?..something delicious.

Apple Dumplings
(a quick and easy treat!)

Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples (peel and core) - 8 apple slices from each apple
2 sticks butter (yes..a lot of butter..but it's so tasty!)
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 can Mountain Dew

Butter 8x13/9x13 pyrex pan. Roll apple slices into crescent rolls (one slice per roll) and place in pan. On the stove top, melt the butter, and then add in the sugar and vanilla. Pour mixture over crescent rolls (in pan). *It's okay if the mixture is somewhat lumpy after heating on stove top. Pour can of Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Bake on 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!


It should look a little something like this...



Try out this recipe at your next family get together or football party! Let us know how it goes!

sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to mAke a new desert for my family so I gave this one a try. I didn't have any apples so I use peaches instead , this was a huge hit with the family! I will be making this again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete