Monday, October 3, 2011

{Table Topper}

My husband and I absolutely love walking around sleek and stylish furniture stores..dreaming about what our place might look like someday. At these moments, I remember advice given to me by my sister Candace..make every place you live, home. Whether it's for 1 year or 10 years, it's important that your space feels like home. It needs to represent you..your interests..etc.

I debated purchasing a somewhat pricey serving dish to place in the center of our new kitchen table..but decided to hold off. Then..my husband had a great idea! "What about using things we already have to make a 'centerpiece'?" Yes! We have a lot of books. Our books are great for a coffee table, but in our small space, we actually don't have a coffee table. So, rather than put them on a shelf where no one can really see them..we decided to arrange them in an interesting way in the center of our table..take a look..







It's important to combine books with other elements, like the vases we used View Ikea Vase Tall! and View Ikea Vase Short!. For us, this centerpiece makes perfect sense. It's something we enjoy and the books themselves represent us and our interests. Did I mention we didn't have to spend any money to do this? That's the key! Live life fabulessly!

Try to brainstorm what represents you and see how you can turn it into a centerpiece..jewelry..tools..artwork..games..food, etc. Maybe books would work for your table too! Please post a comment if you come up with some fun ideas!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment