Saturday, October 8, 2011

{New Favorite - Soft Brown Sugar Cookies!}

I don't know about you - but once Fall hits, my brain jumps to Christmas and with Christmas comes sugar cookies. I LOVE sugar cookies but feel that they are so hit or miss. Some sugar cookies are soft, others are hard, some taste like cake, others like a cracker. I always love it when I come across a winning sugar cookie recipe and this recipe is one of those winning cookies!

I made these cookies this afternoon with my two little chefs (Evan and Owen) who wanted to make cookies for their daddy. After I took one bite, I couldn't wait to do a blog post and share this recipe with all of you! My husband walked in the door after picking up a dresser I bought at a yard sale today (BTW - a fabuless antique find for 20 dollars!), and I handed him a cookie. He took one bite, closed his eyes, and said,"this is my new favorite cookie". If any of you know us personally, you know that Brian is an amazing chef and comes from a long line of homemade wonderfulness. For him to say its his new favorite cookie is HUGE. You must try this recipe! Keep in mind - it was made with a 2 year old and 4 year old assistant so it is definitely easy to replicate.

Let me preface, if you are watching your waistline or trying to avoid delicious treats, this is the NOT the recipe for you. However, if you are looking for a cookie to make for your skinny friend that you are hoping will gain a few lbs, this just might be the right cookie to make:) In all fairness, we all deserve a cookie every now and then that is made with a lot of butter and sugar because, well, everything tastes better with butter.

I found this recipe on Pinterest - it was originally featured on: http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/.


Soft Brown Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

2/3 c. butter, softened
1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sour cream

Directions:

Blend together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; blend well. Add vanilla; beat until light. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool. Frost with Browned Butter Frosting. Makes 2 dozen

Browned Butter Frosting
1/4 c. butter
1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. Milk

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden. Watch carefully as this will happen quickly. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.


sincerely fabuless, Las Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously probably my favorite cookie now!! We made plates of them and delivered to out visiting teaching ladies!! Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete