Friday, December 2, 2011

{It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year}

Guest Blogger: {Allyson Drake, Original Christmas Wreath!}

I’ve been seeing pin after pin on Pinterest of awesome holiday wreaths and started dreaming up one of my own. And well Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a wreath, would it? So I gathered supplies:



Foam circle: Dollar Store
Scraps of white fabric: left over from THIS project.
Good lookin’ yarn: Michael’s $3 after a coupon


Not pictured:
Yellow and cream felt, wooden beads, pearl topped straight pins, plain small straight pins, twine, and lace trimmings…all from my scrap stash..fabuless!


Putting it together was simple.
Wrap wreath in Fabric scraps by securing the beginnings and ends with small straight pins.
Wrap and wrap and wrap yarn {lay it on thick or there will be gaps}, again securing beginnings and ends with pins.
Then add embellishments {Deciding how to embellish was the hardest part for me}. I ended up making Holly with felt and beads, securing those with the pearl pins through the beads, and adding a thin bow of unraveled twine {untwisting one strand of twine into 3-5 skinnier strands}

Wrapping the wreath in fabric before the yarn isn’t necessary, but the floral foam is grainy and this way if I get tired of this wreath {inevitable…remember design A.D.D.?} I can take the yarn off and use it again, sans green grainy bits. I have a feeling this little foam circle will be “outfitted” many times.

But for this season:


Hello beautiful.

And want an easy, cute tip for hanging?


Secure a piece of trim or lace with holes in it to the back of your wreath using small plain straight pins. Then simply hang that on a nail, or string ribbon or twine {my personal favorite} through to hang it.

Merry December and Happy New Decorations!


sincerely fabuless, Allyson in Philly.


Thank you Allyson for sharing this fabuless wreath idea! I'm sure we'll all be rounding up the necessary supplies over the next few days!

Please be sure to check our blog frequently throughout this holiday season as we'll be putting up crafts, recipes, and decor ideas to bring the joy of the holidays into your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment