Saturday, December 24, 2011

{Christmas Morning Pancakes!}

It's almost Christmas (morning)! For those of you looking for a deliciously simple breakfast recipe to whip up quick after present opening, you will LOVE these pancakes, and so will your company! If the majority of your guests are children, throw in some red and/or green food coloring to give your breakfast a fabuless festive look!

I always talk to people who say "I don't make homemade pancakes, I just use Bisquick" or "I have never found a recipe for pancakes that I really like so I don't ever make them" - the truth is, Bisquick taste like a biscuit turned into a pancake and there is no excuse not to make homemade pancakes, at least not anymore because I am sharing with you the Perfect Pancake Recipe!



Best Ever Homemade Pancakes

- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 TBSP. Baking powder
- 1 TBSP. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 oil

Whip up all the ingredients, bake on a hot griddle and enjoy!


These pancakes turn out perfect time and time again. The best part is, you can add things to them and it doesn't change the consistency. Sometimes I like to throw in a little cinnamon to change the flavor - or if you want to trick your kids into eating "healthy", throw in some cooked oatmeal, bananas, berries or one of my favorite, chocolate chips (p.s...if you do chocolate chips, don't put too many, the flavor goes a long way and I would suggest using mini chocolate chips - they are prettier and don't overpower the flavor of the pancake).

My sister Leigh taught me a trick to get the right size pancake and the same size pancake (it makes for a prettier presentation if they are the same size). If you have a cookie scooper, use your cookie scoop to scoop out the batter onto your hot griddle. My cookie scooper is only an inch but as the batter spreads it makes perfect silver dollar pancakes that are easy to flip and eat!


sincerely fabuless, in Virginia
for the holidays

1 comment:

  1. We had pancakes today. Although we cheated and used a package of funfetti mix. Shhh

    ReplyDelete