Friday, December 16, 2011

{Wrapped With a Bow!}

Crafting, crafting, crafting. I have been crafting during nap times and bed time...soooo much crafting going on. I feel like the days are flying by and I have so many little things I want to get done before Christmas!..not to mention attempting to find time to blog about it. Oy Vey! (one of my favorite phrases of exasperation!)

So, this will be fairly short and sweet. I have been making bows...and headbands..well a headband so far. I made rosette/button bows for a bow exchange with some other 'moms of daughters' at church..and I specifically made a bow and headband for my little Cora to wear on Christmas Sunday. Take a look..


To make these cute rosette bows..cut material into about 20 in by 2 in strips..fold horizontally twice..roll tightly until inner spiral is about a half an inch across (or whatever you prefer), then start twisting the fabric over on itself..and hot glue every couple of twists. It's really just a 'by feel' kind of thing :) Do what feels right, haha. :) I use about 3 of the 20 in. by 2 in. strips to make the size bow you see in the picture (just fold each the same and hot glue it to the end point of the previous strip, then keep twisting around and gluing). When you have the size you want, just glue the unfinished end under the flower.

Click Here for tutorial on button flowers






Use lace or ribbon of some sort to cover your clips (my sister gave me clips that she got at a beauty supply store..just a few bucks for like 100 clips..fabuless!)..use hot glue and glue to the inner lower part first..then wrap around and glue around outer clip edge..and glue to top then under top portion...from there just glue your bow to the top of the clip..done..awesome!





I made this headband out of a silky-esque black shirt that I never wear anymore..fabuless! I'm all about re-purposing material! I stitched on a little slot for the clip to slide on as well. I love wide headbands on babies, so that's the style I go for. My best advice..don't be afraid to experiment..chances are it will work out! And, you'll gain confidence along the way. My sewing machine and I have become great friends throughout my many sewing experiments, and now we seem to have a good understanding! :)

It'd be cute to make bows for friends/family members and put them on a Christmas gift rather than your typical gift bow...just a thought. Have fun!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

2 comments:

  1. Courtney would like to know when you plan to put these bows in the mail - she is anxiously awaiting their arrival for Mae.

    ReplyDelete