Thursday, December 22, 2011

{Giving from the Heart}

My husband and I decided not to buy each other presents this year. We are planning to write each other a letter instead. I love to write letters, write in my journal, etc...and this was a great way to get my husband to write too. Even with plans for heartfelt letters, I felt like I'd still like to make my husband a little something for Christmas. As I was thinking about it, my mind reverted back to third grade when you really want to give your parents something special but don't have any money to spend..so you make them coupons..

"I will unload the dishwasher"
"I will vacuum the carpet"
"I will walk the dog"
"I will take out the trash"


...what a great gift!

I decided to do coupons for various massages (back, hands, feet, head), and also some for his favorite treats (homemade cinnamon rolls, chocolate cake), and a few others very specific to my husband..(30 min video game session, get out of dish duty free). It's fun to personalize it. You know your spouse best, so think of what coupons they'd be really pumped about. :) **Or you can use my ideas, whatever works!

I found some fun images and made my coupons..printed them out and attached them to green card stock...


Once I had my cards cut and ready to go, I sewed a little case for them with some fabric I had lying around..



Have fun creating this fabuless gift!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment