Thursday, September 29, 2011

{Tulle Time!}

My husband and I purchased a great shelving unit from Ikea for Cora's room. We decided to purchase some storage boxes that fit into the shelving unit as well (see links at bottom of post to see these items). We tend to stick to the birch colored wood and black accessories, but I love adding a pop of color! I've gotten into the habit of holding on to ribbons of all shapes, textures, and sizes when friends or family have used them on gifts...even if the gifts weren't for me! (sometimes I just pick up the scraps at a party!) This leftover material can then be used for other fun projects...tulle being my material of choice for this specific one! Tulle is perfect for adding a fun element to storage in a kid's room...take a look..





And, as you may have noticed...you can easily add some interest to your child's bookshelf by arranging the books in a creative way! Don't just shove a ton of books in side by side..consider it an opportunity to show off a few choice books, and you can even incorporate other objects too! (see bunny bank)...close up..




View Shelving Unit!

View Storage Boxes!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment