Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Perfect Brownie

I know you have all seen the infomercials that suggest that they offer the perfect pan for perfecting brownies. I am not going to lie, I am always a sucker for a good infomercial (my favorite purchase was The Magic Bullet in college). However, I have never given into the perfect brownie maker...not yet...and thank goodness for this little tip that I learned from my father in law - it doesn't look like I am going to have to indulge and call within the next ten minutes for free shipping and an extra brownie maker and five pounds of brownie mix. While visiting my father in law in Fresno, he made brownies for us and used a foil liner in the pan with a light spray of Pam over the foil and the brownies came out PERFECT, they cut PERFECT, and of course..tasted PERFECT. This tip originally comes from Cooks Illustrated. Here it goes... For the Brownies: Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Cut 18-inch length foil and fold lengthwise to 8-inch width. Fit foil into length of 13- by 9-inch baking dish, pushing it into corners and up sides of pan; allow excess to overhang pan edges. Cut 14-inch length foil and, if using extra-wide foil, fold lengthwise to 12-inch width; fit into width of baking pan in same manner, perpendicular to first sheet. Spray foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray. Now it is time to go make some brownies - I am so excited about this new baking phenomenon! Enjoy! sincerely fabuless, las vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment