Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat}

My husband has a pretty high standard when it comes to cookies. Who do I blame for this you might ask? His best friend's mom. Jeanine was always baking delicious cookies (and other sweets!) for McKay and his friend Opie. Once we were married, he made sure to get the recipe from Jeanine for me to try out. At that time, baking was not one of my strong suits, so I managed to ruin this amazing concoction on more than one occasion. A few weeks ago, the baking fairy was on my side when I tried these cookies out yet again. Success! Check out the recipe below..

Jeanine's Crazy Cookies
1 C butter flavored Crisco or shortening
1/2 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 (12 oz) package of chocolate chips
**Jeanine recommends using half chocolate chips and half butterscotch or Reeses peanut butter chips..and I second that!

Cream together Crisco, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Fold in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and chips. Scoop out on to un-greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes only at 350 degrees. Cookies will not look quite done, but if cooked longer they will be hard.

To achieve the "Jeanine" as I like to call it..try scooping out a bigger portion of cookie dough..about 2 spoonfuls instead of one, and flattening it a bit, so the cookie spreads out nicely and is bigger than your average cookie.


Check out my results (with some Photoshop effects):


I hope you have success! Comment if you try it out!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment