Saturday, January 21, 2012

{Frame Your Bows!}

If you have a little girl and have yet to figure out the best way to store her hair bows/clips..this post is for you! I've been storing my daughter's bows in a big ziploc bag, and just last week I was inspired!

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find the website I was on when my inspiration came, so I cannot give credit where credit is due. I did tweak the idea a bit..but thank you mystery bow frame maker!

I had a Michael's gift card from Christmas and went on a shopping spree there last week. One of my must find items was a frame to use for this project. And, in my opinion I found the perfect one. 55% off!

Materials Needed:
Frame
Ribbon
Hot glue or staple gun
Nails or hooks of some sort

You can find a ready to go frame, or even just a simple wood frame to sand/paint yourself, whatever works. Once your frame is good, you need to attach your ribbon to the back..each about 1.5 inches apart. I don't have a staple gun and didn't want to purchase one, so I used hot glue and just made sure to pull the ribbons really tight across. It worked just fine! With that done, the last step is to add nails/hooks to the front of your frame to store headbands. I did mine a little differently than the piece I was originally inspired by. I didn't want to have too many hooks because Cora doesn't have a plethora of headbands, and I figured I could just pile a few on each hook if needed. I also didn't have hooks, but I did have nails, so I used those. I just nailed them in where I thought they'd look best and painted the head of the nail a light green color. Once it was dry, the headbands went on...the bows went on..and we were in business!



Check out the finished product!







This is a really easy project, and looks great when finished! It only took me about 20 minutes total. It will make the perfect display piece in your little girl's room! Let me know if you have any questions and comment if you give it a try!


sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

1 comment:

  1. Darling!! What a great idea! I can't wait to make one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete