Monday, March 12, 2012

{DIY Earrings!}

I've always thought earrings seem fairly simple to make...but cost so much money when you buy them from the trendy stores. As I was browsing through the jewelry section at Michael's a couple of months ago, I came across earring backs and decided to buy them in hopes that I'd get around to making my own earrings. I purchased some flower accents as well..(the flower earrings became trendy a while back..I still love that look) So, my first earring experiment was simply hot gluing the cute flower accent onto the earring back. EASY. The flower pack came with 16 flowers total..8 of each color..and each pack had different color combinations. So, let's do the math..with one pack, I was able to get 8 pairs of earrings for about 3.00. Fabuless!



After trying out my flowers, I searched through my craft storage to see if I had anything else I could glue on..I found buttons! **You can buy a big container of buttons at Michael's craft store as well..I got mine on sale last summer and I keep using them for different projects.** Button earrings? I've never seen anyone wearing button earrings, but I decided they would definitely work! So, I searched through and found matching pairs of buttons then started hot gluing. Take a look at how they turned out..



I wore my cream colored button earrings every day this past weekend!
I'm thinking about trying out some felt designs for my next pair..I'll update this post once I do! Now go make some earrings for a fabuless price!

sincerely fabuless, the windy city.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair of rose earrings very similar to that which I have had since I was in high school (over 35 years old!) You will wear them forever!

    ReplyDelete